There are a lot of things we need to be very cautious about – most especially when we lose the BIG picture. Love God. Love others.
37 Jesus replied, “‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 The entire law and all the demands of the prophets are based on these two commandments.” Matthew 22:37-40.
Luke 11:37-54. The Pharisees and experts in religious law are examples of groups who has lost the picture.
- They were paying a tithe of mint and rue and every kind of garden herb, and yet disregard justice and the love of God (verse 42)
- They love the chief seats in the synagogues and the respectful greetings in the market places (verse 43)
- They weigh men down with unbearable religious demands while they themselves don’t lift a finger to ease the burden (verse 46)
- They remove the key to knowledge from people (verse 52)
- They won’t enter the kingdom and even prevent others from entering also (verse 52)
How about in today’s setting. Have we lost the B1G picture?
- Do we want to be seen, and be always recognized in our ministry or service to God?
- Do we love to rebuke people but we haven’t realized that what we are rebuking the person with is something we need to do to ourselves as well?
- Do we give advises to people that we don’t follow?
- Do we tithe regularly and religiously that we haven’t even given any amount to help the poor or others in need?
It’s not about us. It’s about God and the people He has given us to love. May we never lose that focus. Love God. Love others.
A call of action: take the time today to pray. Pray to God and just love Him. Pray to God about the people you have and lift them up in prayer. Love them through prayer. May God strengthen your heart through prayer to love Him and others more.